Read the following carefully, since by visiting this website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy. Our website is intended for a general audience, however we do not knowingly collect personal data about any person under the age of 18.
Collection of Personal Data
- Information you give us. We may collect information about you when you use interactive features of our website or correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you enquire about our services or apply for a Ship Board job opportunity by sending your CV via email. The information we collect may include your name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth, contact preferences, education details and employment details and other information that you voluntarily provide.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect certain technical information about your computer or device, which may include [the Internet protocol address used to connect your device to the Internet, your time zone, your operating system and platform].
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you apply for a Shore Based job through a third party recruitment portal.
Use of Personal Data
We use your personal data in the following ways:
- to respond to queries that you submit and to provide you with goods and services that you request from us
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about
- to assess your suitability for employment
- to ensure content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- for internal/administrative purposes, such as data analysis and to research and improve our management systems.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
You agree that we have the right to share your personal data with:
- members of our corporate group
- selected third parties including business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
We will disclose your personal data to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets or
Protection of Personal Data
The protection of your personal data is imperative to us AND IS ALWAYS SECURED BY THE APPLICABLE LAW. We respect your right to confidentiality and we take precautions including technical, operational and physical measures to protect your personal data against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. The personal data you voluntarily submit is visible to our shore-based personnel. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances.
If you do not agree with the terms herein please do not use this website, or adjust your browser settings and/or delete the cookies placed by the website.
Access to Personal Data
You may have the right to request access to your personal data under applicable laws. To exercise this right, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting personal data onto this site you confirm that you have read this statement and understood how your data will be used and stored, and you consent to it being processed in the manner described in this statement. By creating a Job Profile, you acknowledge and agree that the information you submit is complete and correct to the best of your knowledge. Providing false information in the creation of your Job Profile or during the application process will lead to your rejection or termination.
Third party links
Where we store your personal data
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored in, a destination outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, recruitment and order fulfilment. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
We reserve the right to amend this Policy at any time by posting a copy of the updated Policy on this website. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this Policy.
Effective Date: 13 March 2017